The Menzies Distribution Companies are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy explains what personal information we collect from you and how we use it. We take the privacy and security of your personal details very seriously and are committed to keeping them secure.
WHO WE ARE
Menzies Distribution is a company registered in the United Kingdom with registered number 01430241. Our registered address is at Unit E, Twelvetrees Industrial Estate, Bromley by Bow, London, E3 3JG. For the purposes of data protection law, we will be a controller of your personal information (this means we make decisions about how and why it is used, and have a duty to ensure your rights are protected) and/or a processor of that information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information you may provide to us when filling out web forms on this site
- Company name;
- Contact details such as your email address, phone number and residential address; and
- Information you provide relating to an enquiry or when applying for a job with us.
Information you provided by other parties:
- we may be provided with personal information about you in order to carry out a contract that we have or are proposing to enter into with the third-party provider of that information; and
- if you post on one of our social media pages, we may read your post and we may collect personal information about what country, city and general area it came from.
Information we collect automatically:
- information about the device you are using to access our website, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We only ever use your personal information with your consent, or where it is necessary in order to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you or a party you are representing;
- comply with a legal duty;
- protect your vital interests; or
- for our own (or a third party’s) lawful interests, provided your rights don’t override these.
In any event, we will only use your information for the purpose or purposes it was collected for (or else for closely related purposes).
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to direct your inquiry appropriately e.g. we may use your IP address to determine your approximate location, and forward your inquiry to the business located closest to you;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or purchased;
- provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to this;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you are using;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes as further explained below;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our communication (both on and offline) and to deliver relevant content to you, where you have agreed to receive it; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Menzies Distribution website about products or services that may interest you or them.
We will sometimes analyse the personal data we have collected about you in order to serve ads and make suggestions which are more relevant to you. We may do this by determining your current location.
Our website uses Google Analytics to show relevant adverts to users who have previously visited us as they browse the web. This enables us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you. You may see our ads in search results pages (using Google Adwords), on YouTube, in banner adverts on Gmail and on other services run by Google.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any of the Menzies Distribution Companies.
We may share your information with analytics, communications and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any company or business/assets or enter into a joint venture, where we need to disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or to our business partner in a joint venture business; or
- if sub-contractors are engaged to perform services to be provided under a contract between you or a party you represent and a Menzies Distribution Company; or
We may rely on legitimate interests to process your personal information, provided that your interests do not override our own.
Where we rely on legitimate interests, these interests are:
- to keep our records updated and to study how our website and other services are used;
- to administer and protect our business and web presence (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting);
- to inform our marketing strategies; and
- to grow our business.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We only store personal information as long as it is required for the purpose(s) we collected it for (or for a related compatible purpose). We regularly review the information we are holding and delete that which is no longer necessary.
The Menzies Distribution Companies comply with the standard procedures and requirements as laid down by applicable law to ensure that your personal information is transmitted securely using the latest in secure server technology to ensure that all your personal and transactional information is protected to the highest standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that it will be secure whilst in transit to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use robust procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOU
Where you agree, we would like to keep you up to date with key information about our services and promotional offers via email, post, mobile phone or otherwise, e.g. social media. Where you agree we may do so, we may also use your details to send you information via email for research purposes. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for such purposes and you can change your mind at any time. If you have registered to receive information from us, you can remove your contact details from our list by updating your account, using the ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of the promotional emails we send you.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, click on the box to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; or
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address shown at the bottom of this website’s home page or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have the following rights:
- where your personal information is processed on the basis of consent, the right to withdraw that consent;
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of it;
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling, or on the basis of our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- the right to restrict how your personal information is used; and
- the right to be forgotten, which allows you to have your data erased in certain circumstances (though this is not an absolute right and may not apply if we need to continue using it for a lawful reason).
If you wish to exercise any of your rights please contact us or write to our Head of Compliance at Menzies Distribution Ltd, 2 Lochside Avenue, Edinburgh Park, EH12 9DJ.
Please note that before we can provide you with, correct or erase any personal information we hold about you, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will only use this information to verify your identity.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information is contrary to applicable law please contact our Head of Compliance at the address detailed below, however you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of how to do this may be found at www.ico.org.uk.
We may update this policy from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website, please check regularly to be aware of any updates.
Head of Compliance, Menzies Distribution Ltd, 2 Lochside Avenue, Edinburgh Park, EH12 9DJ
This policy was last updated on 6th November 2018
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.