Facts and Figures
- We serve 29,500 retail customers across the UK and Ireland, delivering 7.4 million copies of newspapers and magazines every day.
- We make 207,000 deliveries a week using 2,000 delivery routes.
- We use 1,750 delivery vehicles which travel a combined 123,000 miles each day.
- We deliver 3,300 magazines titles and 630 newspaper titles.
- Our team of 5,000 employees and more than 800 contractors work 24 hours a day, 364 days each year.
- Our Customer Service Centres receive an average 50,000 calls each week.
- In 2011 our Customer Services Centres gained CCA accreditation for best practice.
- Geographically, we serve almost two thirds of Great Britain (64%) - the biggest area covered by one wholesaler.
- In the UK we have two newspaper sales centres and one magazine sales centre which manage copy allocation for 29,500 customers.
- Latest figures show our accuracy rates to be: Newspaper Pack 99.9%; Magazine Pack 99.9%; On Time Delivery 98%; Newspaper Returns Collection On-Time 85.3%; Magazine Returns Processing Accuracy 99.9%.
- We have one of the highest volume SAP installations in the world.
- We scan 671 million items every year and 25 million standing order records are loaded daily.
- In 2011 the Menzies SAP database grew 500Gb per month. It is now growing at approximately 800GB per month.
- Our online service i-Menzies ensures retailers and publishers have 24/7 web access to their accounts.
- We were the first wholesaler to develop a smart phone app for retailers.
- We achieved the Carbon Trust Standard in 2009 and were re-certified in 2011.
- We also achieved our target of reducing our carbon footprint by 30% between 2001 and 2011.
- We are committed to recycling unsold newspapers and magazines. In 2011 118, 837 tonnes of unsold newspapers were collected from our depots to be recycled, and 62,445 tonnes of magazines.